Subscribe to The Fly Girl Guide

dELiA*s

Monday, February 9, 2009

Bootie Pies: Pedicure boots for posh toes



Bootie Pies, the new way to get a pedicure in the wintertime without wearing flip-flops in the snow. Instead, you wear boots that channel Uggs and a hobo. Bootie Pies was created by three sisters who loved to have fresh painted toes but hated the waiting time for them to dry and the fact that you have to wear flip flops in the winter.

I realized that I too, loved getting a pedi but I just don’t like waiting for the polish to dry (I’m working on my patience). So, I grabbed a pair of Bootie Pies to try and I really love them! Sure, I’m probably creating a fashion don’t by wearing boots that cover everything but my toes. But, they are ingenious in my opinion.





I wore them as boots to the salon and when it was time for me to get my toes painted, I slipped the boots on and pressed the leather flap down and I walked out the salon with a half boot and half flip-flop contraption that garnered tons of stares.

Although, I have a fresh pedicure, I’ve been wearing my Bootie Pies all weekend because they are just as comfortable as Uggs and just as cute.

See how they work below:






Bootie Pies have been snapped up by celebrities like Scarlett Johansson,
Mary J. Blige, Rebecca Romjin, Angie Harmon, Jennifer Hudson, and The
Pussycat Dolls. In fact, beauty icon Trish McEvoy gave Bootie Pies to her
entire staff!





No comments: