Subscribe to The Fly Girl Guide

dELiA*s

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fly Things: Peep ‘Em



Here is a list of a few of my new favorite things, which I just have to share with my readers. Enjoy!


Generation X




The new hope of Hip-Hop some of calling this collection of young rappers. Drake, Picasso P, Asher Roth, KiD CuDi, and Cory Gunz, are proving that Hip-Hop may not be dead. Generation X is for those who can’t stand Soulja Boy and feel that Jay-Z is getting a little too old for the rap game. If you’re in your young, fly twenties, these are the rapper for you. Google them and get familiar. And no, I’m not jumping on the bandwagon, I was feelin’ Drake since his 2007’s ‘Replacement Girl’ track featuring Trey Songz.


Check out this new video, from Asher Roth, ‘Lark In My Go-Kart.’







Dr.’s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish



Do you know how many harmful ingredients are in your nail polish? Your favorite nail polish is filled with formaldehyde, toluene and DBP, they are not only proven to be dangerous, but also potentially damaging to the nail as well. Dr.'s Remedy’s nail polish is free from the aforementioned chemicals, but also uniquely enriched with ingredients, such as tea tree oil and garlic bulb extract, which are naturally occurring anti-fungal, antibacterial, and healthier for the nail. Not only is Dr.'s Remedy better for you, it comes in a rainbow of today's most fashionable colors.


Policy DC

This new restaurant is sexy! Located just around the corner from the historic U Street Corridor. Policy is taking center stage in Duke Ellington's old neighborhood and emerging as one of the most highly anticipated restaurants to hit D.C's hottest and most vibrant neighborhood. I just got invited to their soft opening tonight and I’m too excited. It officially opens on Saturday and it is shaping up to give other U Street restaurants a run for their money. Click here to learn more and make a reservation for their opening weekend.

Twitter
I was hip to Twitter since last August and now that all my friends and celebrities have joined the new social network its hella fun. Everyone always ask me, “What’s the big deal about Twitter?” It’s hard to explain, but I think it’s like Facebook without all the extra applications and changes. It also makes you appreciate the small things in life, it kinda makes you stop and smell the roses of your life and fill your friends in on what your doing for the day. Plus, I get to learn more about my favorite celebs.

For example, Solange is a riot on Twitter. She puts everything out there and I’m learning more about the Knowles clan.

Diddy, is hilarious. He has over 200,000 followers, which is breaking records on Twitter. He even started his own network called, P-Twitty TV on youtube.com, he is a fool, and you have to watch him work in the studio into the wee hours of the morning.

June Ambrose, my favorite fashion guru, gives out style tips without having to pay for them. I love reading her updates on what styles are hot for the spring.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/flycarla






No comments: